The Afam Power Plant is the newest of the FIPL’s projects. It is made up of 2 phases. The contract for Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) of the first and second phases were awarded in 2010 and 2011 respectively to Saipem, a subsidiary of the Italian Oil giant, Eni.
At present, Phase 1 is exporting an average of 3500MWH per day into the national grid. The expectation is that phase 2 would come online by the second quarter of 2016.
About the Community
Afam is located in Rivers State. The land size is over 15Hectares and very close to existing gas facilities.
Following the acquisition of the majority stakes in FIPL, Sahara Power and her allies have taken up various projects in their commitment to transform FIPL into a world-class power company with unparalleled plant availability and utilization capacity. The underlisted projects are either in the process of being awarded, on-going or already completed.
- Auditing of human resources, assets, finances, and processes by KPMG
- Technical Services Agreements with world class technical partners (HPS and MJB)
- Commissioning of GT4 Omoku
- Liner and Transition Piece Inspection on GT5 Omoku
- Combustion Inspection on GT1 Omoku
- Repair of Gas Turbine 3 Trans-Amadi
- Retrofitting of 33kV switchgears by Schneider Electric
- Repair of GT3 Trans-Amadi
- Installation of Gas Metering System at Trans-Amadi
- Repair of gas pipeline at Afam
- Ongoing construction of Afam Phase II (180MW Alstom turbine)
- Ongoing construction of Eleme Phase II (3 x 25MW GE Gas Turbines)